Monday, October 20, 2008

Surgical Telescopes







Today we finally received our much anticipated surgical telescopes/loupes. I decided to go with the "Buddy Holley" style frames, initially as a joke but they just fit my face so much better than all of the other styles. I'm not sure anyone else in the class went for this style, I don't know why. They are 2.5x and make a huge difference in seeing all of the little blemishes in my lab work. They are the Designs For Vision brand and I also bought the light that fits on top. I look like super-dork with them on but I don't care, in dental school we always get new gadgets to play with, mostly because I am in the inaugural class and we seem to be receiving new things every week up in the sim lab to play with. I'll be excited to use these from now on to make my wax-ups and preps perfecto. We get lots of toys but dental toys are pricy. These bad boys run for about $2,500.00 but we got them at a discount because we are dental students and bought up 110 sets as a class, they cost me about 1k out of pocket.

3 comments:

jon♥kara said...

Man I could have gone on a pretty sweet shopping spree with that money. You look awesome babe.

Christen & Aaron said...

What the heck you haven't posted anything on your blog for weeks!! I am an avid reader but now I am starting to think that you are not enjoying your time in dental school!!!

Double A said...

those glasses are awesome. Way better than the "BCD's" (birth control divces) they give out in boot camp.